There’s something exciting about new technology such as having the latest and greatest phone, or an Alexa in every room of our house. The opportunities that modern technology has presented have changed the landscape of our lives. It is now common to have our smart phones or some other kind of electronic device on us at all times.
Think about how many computers or televisions you’re around all day, every day. Especially in a time where our human contact has been limited, we’ve been connected by technology more than ever.
By becoming so dependent on technology, we all know how frustrating it is to lose cell service or be notified of a low battery. Your eyes are immediately drawn to the tiny icons at the top of your device screen.
You’ve probably seen 5G at some point on your cellular device. You’ve probably also heard some of the discussions about its dangers as well. Before you make a drastic decision to pack up the kids and the dog and begin a new life “Off the Grid”, our owner Keri Sutton talks more about the realistic dangers and risks associated with this developing technology and how to manage your risk with integrative wellness in Springfield Missouri.
What Is 5G?
5G is the next generation of wireless networks that significantly increases wireless speed. 5G and nearly every other type of technology we rely on including computers, bluetooth, wifi, and power lines generate electromagnetic fields (EMF).
There are two main categorizations of electromagnetic fields:
- Low-level, non-ionizing EMF radiation, which has a lower frequency than visible light, includes bluetooth, WIFI, and power lines.
- High-level, ionizing EMF radiation has a frequency higher than visible light and includes sunlight and x-rays.
We’ve all been told that high levels of EMF radiation can be harmful, which is why we wear lead aprons when we get an x-ray at the dentist, but what about our frequent exposure to low-level EMFs? It turns out, these EMFs are classified as “possible carcinogens” though many researchers are pushing for these to be changed to “known carcinogens”.
Studies have linked EMF exposure to several types of cancer including brain cancer, breast cancer, thyroid cancer, leukemia, and salivary gland tumors. EMF exposure can also cause a variety of other symptoms such as fatigue, headaches, depression, anxiety, insomnia, dizziness, tingling, redness, muscles aches and brain fog/memory loss.
This is due to the susceptibility of our brain and nervous system’s own electrical systems. Research has also shown that EMFs decrease the sperm count in males and increases risk of miscarriages in females. Symptoms of EMF toxicity can be vague and difficult to isolate as a cause of one’s symptoms. Patients with chronic inflammation are more sensitive to this radiation especially patients with Lyme disease, mold illness, and autoimmune conditions.
How Do EMFs Cause Danger To Humans?
Though it is unknown what the exact mechanism is behind EMFs harmful effects, it is thought this is done through increasing dangerous free radicals, increasing oxidative stress, impairing the regulatory function of calcium gated channels and even impairing our DNA. Since wireless “G” technology was created, we have been exposing ourselves to frequencies similar to microwaves at 1 billion cycles per second. We are microwaving our planet which has not only affected humans but birds and insects as well.
Who Needs To Worry About These Dangers From 5G?
Exposure to 5G is ubiquitous and will not require you to have a 5G wireless phone. It is a higher frequency that can only travel short distances therefore requiring more infrastructure to ensure coverage is not lost. This means our developing children, aging parents, schools and hospitals, basically everyone is exposed to this. There are no long term studies on this exposure to humans nor animals, so it is unclear really how harmful it may be to human health.
I hope by now you’re thinking “what can I do to protect myself” but I doubt getting rid of all your family’s electronic devices would be feasible. So here are some ways you can protect yourself through integrative wellness.
- Start with going outside barefoot walking in the grass and dirt, grounding yourself with the earth.
- Eat a nutritious diet with antioxidant rich foods such as deep colored fruits and vegetables and spices. Avoid refined sugar and flour.
- Add supplementation such as wheat grass, Vitamin C, spirulina, curcumin/turmeric, and glutathione.
- Engage in human connection through strong, supportive relationships.
- Use ethernet cords when possible instead of connecting to WiFi.
- Turn devices off or place in airplane mode when not in use. Turning off your WiFi every night should become a regular routine.
- Utilize your speakerphone when possible rather than placing the phone next to your ear.
- Consider investing in EMF blocking devices such as personal energy protection, device protection, or area protection with products from Aires Tech or BioElectrical Shield. I have been using products from Aires Tech for myself and my family for quite some time.
- Be conscious of where you keep your phone during the day. I’ve seen countless people keep their phones in a pocket or even in our bras. With the research linking EMF exposure to cancer we need to protect our most vulnerable body parts.
- Be conscious of where your phone or electronic device is at night. Do NOT sleep with your phone under your pillow. If it’s necessary to keep your phone next to your bed, consider placing it in a drawer or on the opposite side of your bedside table.
Being proactive in protecting yourself from EMF’s with integrative wellness can have very positive effects on your overall health. A great place to start is with an appointment with one of our providers to determine a proper course of treatment and prevention. We have the capability to run extensive diagnostic testing which enables our providers to develop your personalized treatment plan. To find out how to get started or for more information, give us a call at 417-881-4994 or visit us online at Kare-Health.com.