If you’re living with chronic or acute pain, you know just how much it can take a toll on your quality of life. Pain can keep you from doing and participating in activities you enjoy while making you feel tired, irritable, and frustrated at your limitations.
You’ve probably already tried other treatment options and would rather look for something non-invasive without all the uncomfortable side effects.
While mainstream pain reducing options provide temporary relief, they are not designed to fix or alleviate the root cause of your pain. They also can cause additional uncomfortable symptoms such as additional swelling, bruising, hyperpigmentation, and soften joints and tendons.
There are much better, natural options available for you with regenerative medicine that you should explore before considering surgery or painful injections.
Infrared Laser Therapy
Infrared Laser Therapy, also known as “photobiomodulation,” is the therapeutic use of specific wavelengths of light (red and near-infrared). Laser energy increases circulation during each painless treatment, drawing water, oxygen, and nutrients to the damaged area.
The benefits include faster healing, reduced pain, increased circulation, and less swelling. Laser therapy is frequently used in conjunction with other types of therapy, such as physical therapy, exercise therapy, chiropractic adjustments, massage, soft tissue mobilization, electrotherapy, and even after surgery as one of the only safe post-operative modalities.
IV therapy has been shown to be beneficial for many types of pain, including acute pain and chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia and neuropathic pain. The anti-inflammatory ingredients of our IVs help to boost the immune system, fight systemic and widespread inflammation, and increase energy levels.
Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive treatment option that uses shock waves to stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities. Also known as extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT), it can promote the healing process for injured tendons, ligaments, and other soft tissues, resulting in proven and effective treatment of pain.
Shockwave therapy can be used to treat a wide variety of health conditions and injuries. Damage to bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, and more can benefit from this non-invasive treatment option. People of all ages can benefit from shockwave therapy treatment, including children and adults with sports injuries, health conditions, and chronic pain.
Shockwave therapy gets to the source of your pain and other symptoms by promoting the healing of damaged tissues deep in the body so you can experience lasting relief.
Heat is a key component to recovery and pain relief. Sitting in our infrared sauna will cause your blood vessels to dilate and relax. This process increases blood flow within your body, reducing tension within the joints for an extended period of time.
The relaxation and tension depletion occurring in the joints can help lead to decreased pain associated with your acute or chronic injury.
- Curcumin: This is the active compound in turmeric that gives the spice its flavor and color. It’s known for its anti-inflammatory effects, as it disrupts pro-inflammatory cells in the body.
- Boswellia: Boswellia serrata or Indian frankincense is one of those dark horses in the world of anti-inflammatories.
- Collagen: One of the keys to preventing joint pain is to protect the cushy cartilage that protects your bones. Cartilage is partially made of a protein called collagen, which plays a major role in the proper maintenance and strength of joint and ligament health.
- Fish oil: The omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil have been extensively studied for their anti-inflammatory effects for many conditions, including arthritis.
- Vitamin D: It won’t take the place of over the counter painkillers, but it is vital for strong bones—including the ones that make up your joints.
- SAMe: This molecule helps build strong joints by delivering sulfur to cartilage. Studies suggest it has a similar effect to aspirin or ibuprofen for relieving pain. There is no natural food source to provide SAMe, so a supplement is necessary.
Traditional medicine offers short term fixes to manage pain. Regenerative medicine offers an alternative for people who want to avoid the long-term side effects of pain relief medication, injections and surgery. Not every natural pain reliever will work for everyone.
Some people may find that a natural option that works well for them in the long-term. Others may not be able to manage pain naturally and may prefer a combination of traditional and alternative options. And that’s okay.
All of the regenerative medicine options mentioned here are available at Kare Health & Wellness for both our established patients and walk-in guests.
If you’re ready to find effective treatment options without unwanted side effects, schedule an appointment. Most patients experience relief and improvement after just one session or treatment. Hope is available right here at Kare Health & Wellness.