What is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Traditionally, Hormone Replacement Therapy was just for replacing estrogen and progesterone in post-menopausal women, but advancements in anti-aging medicine have been made in the use of bioidentical hormone replacement for both men and women. Not only are women finding their lives renewed by a more complete hormone replacement, but men are also discovering that bioidentical hormones can help them rejuvenate their bodies and minds, helping them to recapture the energy, libido and vitality of their youth.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is a proven effective method for treating common symptoms that both men and women experience with hormone decline. Bioidentical hormones are unique in that they are identical in molecular structure and function to the hormones produced in the human body, which can make them easier to metabolize and correct imbalances. These amazing bioidentical hormones are all natural and composed of soy and yams. With a hormone evaluation, we can find solutions to help our patients feel younger and more energetic both physically and emotionally.
"Balancing your hormones is one of the easiest ways to FEEL better. The transformation my patients experience with bio-identical hormones goes beyond their expectations giving them more energy, increased metabolism and happiness."
Erin Rickert, FNP-C
Estrogen is an essential sex hormone that declines abruptly in women during their menopause. When women do not initiate a prompt estrogen replacement program at the time of menopause, they undergo accelerated aging manifested by: osteoporosis, senility, heart disease, loss of muscle mass, loss of skin elasticity and thickness, atrophy of the female genitalia, and depression. Estrogen replacement therapy significantly delays or prevents this accelerated aging process seen in women following menopause. In fact, women who take estrogen replacement have half the degenerative diseases of women who do not take estrogen replacement and live an average of 3.5 years longer. We use natural estrogen replacement. We measure estradiol levels and adjust dosages to pre-menopausal levels.
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Vaginal dryness
- Joint aches
- Low libido
- Stress incontinence
- Recurrent UTIs
- Relieves menopausal symptoms (hot flashes, night sweats and vaginal dryness)
- Increases female life expectancy
- Protects against coronary artery disease
- Boosts brain function
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Protects against Alzheimer’s disease
- Improves skin and muscle quality
Progesterone is another sex hormone that keeps estrogen in balance and necessary in the female hormone replacement program, even for women who have had a hysterectomy. Some men require progesterone to balance their hormones. Progesterone increases bone mass, reverses osteoporosis, and burns fat. We use natural Progesterone replacement in our female Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- Insomnia or poor sleep
- Itchy or restless legs, especially at night
- Anxiety, nervousness, irritability, depression
- Heavy periods for women
- Bloating esp. in the belly and ankles
- Natural antidepressant and tranquilizer
- Improves female libido
- Protects against cancer
- Boosts thyroid action
- Helps the body use fat rather than store it
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
Both men and women need testosterone for optimal health. Testosterone is needed for libido, muscle strength, leanness, and sense of well-being. Menopausal women have low to non-detectable testosterone levels with resultant loss of libido and increase in body fat. Return of libido and improved mood return within days of testosterone replacement. Regrowth of muscle and bone occurs within months and is facilitated by a weight resistance training program.
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Decreased Libido
- Loss of muscle definition, mass & strength
- Increased need for sleep
- Memory loss
- Weight gain & increased abdominal fat
- Increases longevity
- Boosts male and female libido
- Facilitates a healthy heart
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Increases muscle strength and improves appearance
- Improves bone density
- Protects against obesity and diabetes
- Improves mood, memory and reduces anxiety
Cortisol is produced by the adrenal glands. It is released in response to stress and controlled by the hypothalamus. Most of us have high levels of cortisol due to our high stress lifestyles. Sustained cortisol release can raise your blood pressure and sap your energy. In the short-term, high levels of cortisol can create insulin resistance, weight gain and decrease your immunity to illness and disease. Long term, it can lead to stroke, heart attack or diabetes.
- High blood sugar
- Inability to fight infection
- Decreased memory, reaction time, problem-solving
- Feeling burned out
- Can’t lose fat even with exercise
- Increases alertness
- Increases energy
- Improves mood and ability to handle stress
- Improves digestion
- Decreases inflammation and pain
- Improves immune response
- Improves body composition
DHEA is produced by the adrenal glands. It begins to drop when we are thirty years old and declines linearly until we die. In fact, death ensues as soon as the DHEA levels hit zero. DHEA plays a critical role in lowering our cholesterol, keeping our hearts healthy, minimizing fat deposition, preventing the development of diabetes, arthritis, and senility. We use DHEA as an essential part of our treatment program and monitors DHEA sulfate levels to assure optimal blood DHEA levels.
- Loss of stamina
- Apathy, mental fog or memory loss
- Loss of lean muscles around the middle
- High blood pressure, blood sugar, or cholesterol
- Improves Heart Health
- Slows onset or progression of diabetes
- Favorably impacts arthritis
- Reverses declining mental acuity
The thyroid hormone is essential for life. Proper thyroid levels are needed for optimal functioning. Conventional medicine replaces thyroid only when indirect laboratory measurements indicate that it is low. We perform more in-depth thyroid testing including measuring the free thyroid hormone and thyroid antibodies.
- Weight gain and slow metabolism
- Cold hands and feet
- Chronic constipation
- Muscle weakness
- Elevated cholesterol and risk of heart disease
- Controls metabolic rate
- Helps with weight maintenance
- Improves heart and vascular health
- Renews energy
- Improves concentration
- Regulates body temperature
YOU Can Change Your Health, We Can Help!
Please take a moment to complete this form.
One of our New Patient Coordinators will connect with you within 24-48 business hours.
You can also call us at 417-881-4994 to request information! If you have questions or would like more information, you can reach out New Patient team at email@example.com
Start Your Functional Medicine Journey Today!
"*" indicates required fields